Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Disney, London, and Trout, Oh My!

So the past few days, it's been common practice in the Vines (my loverly abode), to assign Disney characters to each person based on personality. Just to give you an idea of how my pals see me, this was their consensus...



Anyhow, just thought I would give a little bit of an update!
Last weekend I was supposed to meet up with Blake, who's studying in Italy, but she got stuck in Spain due to a stolen backpack! Grr! We bought tickets for Phantom of the Opera, and even though she couldn't go, I was still able to make it down to London in time with Miss Charlotte to claim our tickets. I was bummed I wasn't able to see Blake, but it was definitely worth still going into London, and we had a great time!

During the day, we went on a field trip to St. Alban's Cathedral, which was built in honor of the first Christian martyr in Britain. Here are some pictures :)

Outdoor Theatre



We had to go straight from St. Albans to London, and it was a really complicated process to get there because I had to take a train to the tube, and I hadn't taken either of those before, so it was most certainly an adventure! We got there no problem though :) When we got there, we picked up our tickets and were trying to decide where to get food, WHEN lo and behold, it came to us...We haven't had legit American food in 3 months, and we didn't realize this until we found ourselves desiring just a good 'ol burger with fries...not chips, but FRIES. :) Success! Walking valiantly into a TGI Fridays, we have possibly never felt prouder to be an American. Amidst a loud restaurant (never happens), a Harley parked in the entryway (yup.), "Restrooms" clearly marked out for our use ("Toilet" just gets old after a bit), and REAL HEINZ KETCHUP, we had it made. Posters of ET, Baywatch, Scooby Doo, and the Mighty Ducks (California, woot!) coated the walls, and we were home. Needless to say, oh yeah, sure, yummy dinner :) I got a little taste of the red, white, and blue for an hour. Very weird to explain, but we figured after living here for 3 months, it was worth it to have at least one American meal.

We weren't exactly sure at this point...

Please correct me if I'm wrong...but we were at King's Cross Station...and this was Platform 9...so Platform 9 3/4 should have been around this general area??



Tres more things...

1.) The other day, I went to a place called the Turl Street Kitchen, which is a restaurant for Oxford students. It was one of our friend's birthdays, so nearly 15 of us had a night out on the town and went to the schnazzy place to get some grub. I saw Cotswolds Trout on the menu, and I know their food is local, so I thought, "What the heck, Leah, you've never tried trout...go crazy." So I did. This is what they gave me. Looks pretty fresh to me.




2.) I saw a "lorry" (truck) for the first time here! I looked out the library window, and BEHOLD. They are pretty much non-existent unless they are big rigs.


3.) I'm seeing Hunger Games at 1 pm tomorrow Pacific Standard Time tomorrow. You know, just saying. No more waiting 24 hours before, Krikorian. Psh.

BTDubs...still getting a list going for 'Merica vs. da Brits. Soon and very soon.





No comments:

Post a Comment